Earth Metrics is the satellite Earth observation consultancy of Dr Renalt Capes, an accomplished Earth observation practitioner with 28 years' experience in operational satellite remote sensing, from research and application development to sustainable market operations, from EO policy and politics to funding mechanisms.
- Formal contractor in the consortium providing the first European Ground Motion Service as part of Copernicus Land Monitoring Services (2021-2024).
- Developed the world's first commercial InSAR processing chain in 1995 while at NPA Satellite Mapping (now CGG).
- 20 years at NPA, first as Manager of App Development, then as Head of InSAR applications (1993-2013).
- Conceived and led the Terrafirma project - the European Space Agency's flagship InSAR development activity.
- The first Head of Earth Observation at the Satellite Applications Catapult (2013-2015).
- Visiting lecturer in radar remote sensing at the University of Portsmouth (2016- current).
- Expert Evaluator for H2020 Space Call (2017 to present).
- Providing consultancy to TRE ALTAMIRA - the world leader in InSAR applications (2017 to present).
If you think that Earth Metrics might be able to help in any way regarding the application of satellite remote sensing, please get in touch: